Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Elusive Snake Knot

Sneaky Snake Knot-Moonstone bracelet by Sherri Haab


Years ago I bought a bracelet in Santa Barbara, CA made with this knot. I wore the bracelet until it was shredded.  I didn't know what knot it was tied with and spent quite a long time trying to figure it out.  Later I found out it was a snake knot and found a few tutorials online.  This knot is a challenge to tie and is very time consuming, but well worth it.  I love the feel and the thickness the knot provides.  I used the knot to make this moonstone bracelet for a friend.  I feel the need to put up my own tutorial since this knot will not be featured in my new book coming May 2015.  In the meantime, search snake knot and practice, practice, practice!  Try Chinese knotting cord, waxed linen or nylon to tie the knot with.





Speaking of knots, here is a sneak peek of my new book,  coming this Spring!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete